March 20th has come and passed. It's hard to rate the success of the performances. On the one hand we made connections all over the world and everyone had an opportunity to perform. On the other hand, we ran late, 2 people did all the "tech"work, and not all of the projects happened as they were envisioned.
I also wonder what I could have done as a producer/director to have made the process smoother, created a more equal delegation of tasks, run an on-time performance, and made sure that all collaborations happened as they were envisioned.
For example, my piece did not happen as I originally intended, which seemed too complicated when I discussed my initial thoughts with Andreas and Stephen. (Looping live music and dance and layering it with additional live music and dance.) Although they seemed willing to try it, I was overwhelmed by the necessary steps to make it happen. What was slightly upsetting was that my plan B also did not happen as planned. Due to a faulty cable the camera that should have been used to project the live feed was not available. I wanted the projection to show the live dancing in front of the pre-recorded footage. Instead I think a weird angle of the live dance was projected. Ohh well, perhaps next time it will work out. At least, a connection was made and something was shown.
In terms of our final performance April 29th I wonder what will change. Will I become as capable as Stephen and Andreas when it comes to the tech components? How many times did they ask for cables and I had no idea what was what. When will I be fluent in these technologies?
Amen on the last two questions- right with you Reina!
ReplyDelete