Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Reina's Frustrations

I feel under pressure from the faculty.  The need to create all this content for the final project is stressing me out. It takes time, inspiration, motivation, and dedication to create artistic work. I'm expected within days to formulate and articulate ideas. When I presented one piece at last year's Internet 2 I had been working months for a few hours a week on my piece. Now I'm expected to create multiple ideas in hours. I feel that in some ways we are being set up for failure or at least for doing a poor job. I also feel that the class itself needs to be longer and we need the opportunity to meet more than once a week to work on the actual art itself. We need studio time in addition to tech time.

1 comment:

  1. I hear your frustrations Reina. I blogged about the idea of how we, as educators, can attempt to take these stresses off our students when doing group projects. I think that you have some great ideas on how to solve this issue in this post. I am left with a lot of questions myself, however, and feel the frustrations as well.

    ReplyDelete