Before last week's class I tried to review all that we had learned the previous week. I went on to wikipedia and searched RCA, BNC, SVideo, and HDMI. I then copied and pasted pictures into my notes. Despite my review I still felt a bit of trial and error regarding the set-up. However, I am pleased to report that my knowledge of the cameras are getting better as I can differentiate between the various cameras and have begun to recognize the slight differences in set up as some of the cameras have a side hook up to the power cords while others are behind the battery pack. Instead of getting frustrated about what I still have yet to commit to memory I should be impressed with the knowledge I have acquired and figure out how to challenge myself in the coming up class, picking a task I have yet to master, such as setting up the really large camera or a videomixer or the input/output of the projector.
This morning I was listening to an ad on the radio for GoToMeeting a collaborative tool for online meetings. It made me think about the future of collaboration. Over the past few years I have worked on various community projects and google docs have become my go to tool for creating agendas, forms, spreadsheets, etc. I appreciate the real time access it offers all its collaborators and that individuals can view the forms at the same time. A couple of frustrations that I have is the inability to easily convert google docs to word docs and vice versa, the formatting gets completely messed up. In addition, the inability to track changes can be slightly frustrating when writing a joint paper. But then again google docs are a free product perhaps GoToMeeting provides a better product without any of these glitches.
Just as I published this post I noticed someone else's blogpost on google docs, "Use Google Docs to Facilitate a Digital Writer's Workshop," posted to my Language and Literacy scoop.it! page.
No comments:
Post a Comment